Monday, February 2, 2009

Our first long bike ride

This weekend was our first coached long bike ride - and I think it went well for everyone! We had a beautiful ride, and it was blue sky and sunny the entire day. We started off at Gasworks park, then rode by lake union on the BG, and then all the way down to Seward Park. So we got to bike along a sunny lake washington for a few miles. Then on the way back, some of us added in a out and back on the bg, to get a few more miles.

Most of the team did either 20 or 28 miles - some of us did more than the race distance already :). Then we did a 10 minute transition run to practice that yucky brick feeling.

I had originally dreaded this ride - as last year I got lost on this route, and the longest I'd biked so far this year was only 13 miles. But with the sun shining, and the water glistening, it was really nice! And made me excited for Hawaii! only 8 more weeks!

1 comment:

Bex said...

Yes the biking was gerat. I only did 14 miles but its the longest I've ever gone before and I even went up hills!! :) yay biking!