Monday, November 10, 2008

Aloha!

My name is Karen. The Lavaman Triathlon 2009 is my first triathlon. It's also my first attempt at any athletic competition since the days of high school track meets back in the 70's. Even then I was a sprinter, not an endurance runner. Yikes--I'd say my Team in Training coaches have their work cut out for them!!

I met my husband in college when he was my ski instructor. Over the years I've chased after our three sons who are now 23, 25 & 28. That's kind of an endurance sport. I've cheered on more sidelines than I can count at all their meets, games, matches & competitions. Now I'm counting on them to cheer on dear ol' mom!

By profession I'm a pharmacist and I have filled prescriptions for cancer patients for many, many years. Each person has touched my heart and at the end of the day I always wish I could do more. This is my opportunity! Tonight I'm lacing up my running shoes and starting this journey with my fellow teammates. I'm ready to train and ready to fundraise. Please click on the link to my fundraising page for more info.

Hele Hui!! Go Team!!

No comments: