Thursday, November 13, 2008

Post Swim Workout

Last night was our first swim practice. I was a little nervous b/c I did not know what to expect. I haven't swam competitively since I was eight years old and even then I loved socializing with my friends more than actually putting in the time at practice. I also forgot what a huge pain wearing a Speedo bathing suit was. I had my Corporate Tax class before practice and I thought I would be late to the practice so I wore my swimsuit to class. Big mistake! I don't need to go into the details but it wasn't the most fun I have ever had. Anywho, we were divided amongst the team by speed/skill level. I chose lane 4 because it seemed like a happy medium. The first few laps were awesome. I felt like it wasn't 18 years since I last did a lap. But that ended quickly, I started to get mucho tired and found it hard to keep up. However, you have got to love the power of your own mind. I just kept telling myself that it will all be over soon and soon enough, practice was over. I left with extremely sore shoulders (obviously my lifting regime hasn't been that good) but this morning I'm pretty proud of myself and of my teammates. It was great to see everyone out there, pushing themselves. I can not even imagine what it is like to swim in the ocean for almost a mile. But so far, I'm off to an OK start. At least my goggles worked!! Now off to bike practice on Saturday. I'm a biking novice (to be nice) and this will be another difficult practice for me. I'm just praying none of my tires blow b/c I have no idea what/how a patch kit works. oh well, at least we will all be suffering together!

Go Team!

No comments: