Monday, November 24, 2008

Went to my first bike practice on Saturday (my first, team's second) and found out where I will be improving the most. We road an "out and back" down West Lake Sammammish rd from Marymoor. Basically our instructions were to go out for about 30 minutes and come back, and to ride at a medium pace while focusing on technique. I noticed a few things through the ride, 1) for the first time riding in 7 or so years, 1 hour on a bike didn't feel too bad yet it didn't feel too good :) 2) riding with toe-clips is pretty cool once you find where you need to put your foot on the pedal to get them to clip in 3) hybrid bicycles, while versatile are not the best long distance bikes (so it's time for me to figure out a road bike and buy it already) 4) I need to get some bike shorts, because 1 hour in the saddle starts to hurt. All in all, it was a good time with some good exercise... but there is no way I would've been able to run 6 miles after just 16 miles of biking. My legs felt like jello and I had no balance after the ride. GO TEAM or better yet HELE HUI!

No comments: