Saturday, November 8, 2008

Hello there!
My name is Amanda and this is the first time that I will be participating in the Lavaman Triathlon in Kona, HI.  This is also my first triathlon. The longest distance I have ran is a half-marathon and I thought that was an accomplishment! But I am swimming, biking and running in honor of my boyfriend and best friend, Eric, who was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma in 2006.  His experience affected me in numerous ways and I want nothing more to give back to this great organization! Eric is currently in remission and I am so proud of all that he has accomplished. He recently began his first year of medical school at the University of Washington School of Medicine. I, on the other hand, just passed the WA bar exam and currently enrolled in the Tax LLM program at the University of Washington. I am originally from the East Coast but I am learning to love the Pacific Northwest. I can't wait to begin this amazing journey with my fellow teammates! I'll post later and let you know if I survive day one of practice. 

xoxo,

Amanda

Here is the link to my fundraising page. Please check it out! 
http://pages.teamintraining.org/wa/lavatri09/abirkenstamm


No comments: