Monday, November 17, 2008

First Bike Practice

Saturday was our first team bike practice. The team had a decent turn out, though almost half our tribe was missing. The weather was beautiful though - we woke up to a mostly blue sky, and all the leaves are still changing colors and glowing, and it was even warm through the ride. It couldn't have been nicer. A small group stayed with Cathy and worked on bike skills, like how to get your waterbottle while biking (I didn't know we should always use our left hand..), and the rest of us went out and back on the Burke Gilman trail. So it was a fairly easy practice - given that the trail is nice and flat :).

It was my first real bike ride on my new bike, and it felt good and smooth. So yay! Now I need to go out and buy a water bottle cage for it... and maybe some lights... Oh the tri shopping never ends.

According to my moms bike computer, we did about 11.5 miles.

No comments: