Monday, November 10, 2008

Biking eh...

Hello there avid reader, my name is Bex and I shall be the biking heroine of your story today... or in reality I shall be the one learning to bike. Yes, I have signed up to do a triathlon in March and yes, I do not know how to bike! Actually make that did not, as with the help of my wonderful assistants Rachel and Elizabeth (aka my housemates), I donned a helmet and was taught how to bike on the block on which we live 2 weeks ago - the day after signing up! Sufficed to say this is going to be an interesting couple of months :)

I've known Rachel for a long time now and have seen her go through the trials and tribulations of tri-training and thought sure why not. A back injury stopped me last year but I've signed up yet again and am very excited to get into all the training. Rachel *kindly* took some footage of my first day biking which she will be posting on here shortly. The intention is to follow my progress with biking updates - feel free to watch, laugh and don't forget to donate because this is all for a great cause!!

Until next time, be safe, be happy and DONATE!!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

congratulations! you look like a natural!