Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Practice has begun...

Monday was our first running practice. We did esentially 3 miles. The first mile very slow, the 2nd moderate (a pace you could still keep a conversation at), and the 3rd mile at a fast past, and recorded our average heart beats and times at each. I was a bit slower than last year in my last two miles, and I probably should have pushed myself more for the 3rd, but overall it was good. And it was fun seeing so many people at practice! I think almost our entire tribe was there.

I did have a slight problem with my heart rate monitor - it apparently put it self on a setting where it beeped whenever I was not in my zone. every second. annoyingly. As I was running my first mile I was assuming that by the 2nd or 3rd mile I'd surly hit my zone.. But it never stopped beeping! Finally after practice I played w/ the settings and figured it out - apparently my "zone" is between 220-250 bpm.... Yeah right. Guess I need to actually set up my heart rate monitor :) At least it doesn't beep anymore.


I just came home from our first swim practice right now. Cathy spent about 20 minutes telling us about the stroke etc, and how we should be swimming, and what to aim for. Then we did some drills. I temporarily moved up to the 3rd lane (last year I was in the 2nd slowest), cause the first two lanes where getting comfortable in the water, and swimming less. Though I don't know if I'll stay in this lane, we'll see. But it makes me feel fast, to pretend I can move up a lane each year. All I have to do is come back three more years and I'll be one of the fastest swimmers I'm sure! :)

Oh, and I bought a bike today! yipee.

Miles since Kick Off -
Running - 9 miles
Swimming - 800 m ish...

No comments: