Monday, November 10, 2008

Intro

My name is Brian and this will be my first Team in Training event and triathlon. I've been running (5-6 miles a day, 5-6 days a week) for about 6 months, but I haven't swam or biked in many years. In fact, I don't even own a bike yet! This is definitely going to be a challenging but wonderful experience for me.

The main thing that got me really excited to join Team in Training is that I am able to fuse my passion for sports and exercise together with a program who's mission is to "Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families." When my wife handed me the flyer in the mail and said "You should do this," there was no stopping from that point on. Now I'm committed and it's become pretty much all that I talk about.

I have many goals for the next 4 -5 months and I will be posting some progress towards those goals in this blog. You will probably also get the occasional, "OMG, I just spent 3 hours on a bicycle and my legs feel like they're going to fall off" comment. The entire Holoholo Lolo tribe is posting here so check back often.

No comments: